1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uh-oh — Iran kidnaps 15 sailors in Iraqi waters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

O/U on a U.S. bombing run: Six days.

Never mind we don't have the ground forces available for a full-scale invasion. But like I said months ago, all we have to do is seize their oil terminals on the Gulf and they'll cry uncle.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No way we go in there. It'll be the Brits.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It's all over peacefully? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070404/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_britain_54

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Iran would free the 15 detained British sailors and marines Wednesday as an Easter holiday "gift" to the British people.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Looks like the knuckledraggers will have to wait a big longer for their next wargasm.

"Bomb 'em! Nuke 'em! Kill 'em! What? They freed the hostages? Crap."

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Absolutely. After all, the God-fearing Muslims are like human lie detector tests...the buzz prevents them from being anything but impeccably honest.

Carry on FenPhen.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In other words the mullahs said, "You fucked up Mahmoud. Give 'em back."

7. Or, the Brits ante'd up.
    Oh, I'm sorry, they don't negotiate with terror-sponsoring states. That was Ollie North's job.
    Glad it didn't come to guns, although Bill Kristol's priapism is going to be an ongoing problem.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

No way. Iran is a peace-loving nation who desires to sing Kumbayah with the West if only the West would change it's evil ways. Ask FenPhen.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Fredo didn't call Jack Bauer.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Spit the truth out, FenPhen. And no doubt, that caricature's figure is much closer to yours than mine.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

No, you are!

Draft saved Draft deleted