1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uh, interesting, yeah that's the word, Bears fan photo from Soldier Field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Del_B_Vista, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Finally reading the story along with the link, it gets worse. Chicago ought to be better than this.

2. This is all typical Bear fan behavior, at least from my perspective. My grandmother, all 85 pounds of her, was as belligerent and nasty as they come. She once kicked my uncle out of the house because he pledged his allegiance to Tarkenton. I grew up an Eagles fan. I was like 14 during the Fog Bowl, wondering if all boys' grandmothers trashed talked their grandchildren the way she did to me, like when she would degrade my team's "colored quarterback."

If she hadn't died a few years back I could easily see her in Miami, hanging Peyton Manning in effigy with one hand and holding that customary Virginia Slim in the other, screaming "kick their dang butts."

Ah, rest in peace.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Kind of appropriate that Soldier Field has been renovated to look like a big toilet

4. pallister

pallister Guest

The only thing more idiotic than the guy with the sign are people who equate him with the average Bears fan.

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Just so I'm crystal clear -- you're insinuating that your grandmother would have been front-and-center applauding this classless sign because it's "typical Bear fan behavior, at least from my perspective"?

6. Garner

Garner Member

That sign was actually pretty damn funny. Reminds me of a sign me and some buddies made for an Oilers-Flames game a few years ago. It simply said "Mike Toth Eats Poop". We had seats right up against the glass behind the net and the linesmen and a couple players got a pretty good laugh out of it. Ryan Smyth got nailed from behind right in front of us in the second period and the Sportsnet camera zoomed right in on our sign. Unfortunately, security took it away after the second period.

7. Pretty much. But my grannie obviously wasn't typical of most Bears fans, just to me because I grew up with it. I'm not painting all fans one color. I'm just sharing a personal experience.

Come to think of it, she shattered a porcelain figurine I got her one Christmas out of anger during the Majkowski game ... "That son of a bitch stepped across the line of scrimmage." Never apologized.

8. linotype

"Mike Toth Eats Poop" = saying the Bears should further the death and destruction that killed thousands and crippled an entire region.

Classy.

Garner, you sound like the kind of guy who would show up to a Blue Jays-Yankees game in the Bronx with a sign that says "Tomo Ohka will finish what Al-Qaeda started."

9. linotype

Good to know she's likely rooting for natural disasters from beyond the grave. Go Tsunamis! Beat Bangkok!

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

take a fucking valium.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I lived through Katrina, and I endorse all "Katrina is a whore" T-shirts, although I feel sorry for all the unfortunate women and girls around here who have that name after this. I interviewed a cashier at a grocery store (at the only store to survive in all of Hancock County, Miss.) a couple months after the storm and her name tag said "Katrina." She was literally the first Katrina I'd met after the storm and I asked her about it. She said she'd asked management if she had to wear the name tag and they said she did. I felt sorry for her.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Just as classy, but ... Touché.

Draft saved Draft deleted