1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"ugly betty" premiere -- no spoilers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Sep 28, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

agreed. Salma Hayek's in her own glam universe, while America Ferrara is more girl-next-door.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm just telling you...maybe it was the photo I saw, maybe it's the fact that I really like curvy women with nice skin...in my opinion, there wasn't much of a drop-off at all. It was like the two best looking Latina women in the universe taking a picture together.

3. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I'm betting you have a better shot at America than Salma. Just a guess.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

You're probably right, and I don't have a problem with that.....

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

"America the Beautiful."
    Someone had to say it.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

OK, watching it now on ABC Fam. This show is awesome! I don't really need another Thursday show to watch, but I am really liking this show.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Booooo!!! :D

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Perhaps I'll start watching!:
    (NSFW - video of S. Hayek in bra from the show)

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Hell, talk about some curves on America. She's definately girl-next-door material.

I finally sat down and watched this show while flipping back and forth with L'ville/WVU and I thought it was well-written and a good show to watch. I especially loved it when Vanessa Williams' daughter called Williams' lackey "my Mom's bitch." I got a big laugh out of that.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Vanessa Williams does a hell of a job in that part. It's mostly a caricature, and she adds some depth to it. Not to mention looks stunning. Perfect casting.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What's impressive is that the show keeps getting better... I didn't like it initially, but it's definitely growing on me...

Six Degrees is another new show that I'm liking a lot...

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I have to say Thursdays kick ass. Ugly, then Grey, then Six degrees. Let's hope the lineup survives the season intact.

Draft saved Draft deleted