1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ugh - WSJ reporting Steelers being secretly shopped.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Primanti Bros? Nah, the sandwiches are overrated dogshit.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can't do cole slaw on the sandwiches, but otherwise, you can't go wrong there.

3. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

There's zero chance the team would move. Beyond the deep-seated ties to the community and history, they have a new stadium and are essentially a cash cow. Cleveland played in a dilapidated stadium with an embittered owner.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I don't mind the cole slaw/sammy combo on occasion.

Too bad danny whitten doesn't feel the same; he called Primanti's "moronic" on a past thread. ::)

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hilarious.

I'd get a huge kick out of the Steelers getting sold, only for the sheer entertainment I'd get out of the wailing and moaning from the handful of fanboidorks here. Hint: Not Oz or Inky.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Promise?

Hmm, the LA Steelers works for me--it would nicely join the Lakers and Dodgers in completing the set of LA "teams named for a characteristic of their prior home."

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I doubt they would move the team, but it would thrill me to no end if they did.

And the Penguins should've been outta there too. The Yinzers pulled some shady shit to keep them.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Ogden Newspaper clan already owns one Pittsburgh team, why not two? They've been great for the Pirates. :D

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

One fucking trade in 26 years and you're a mouthy prick all of a sudden. :D

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Everybody ... scarf up a plate of my plate of ego! :D

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The team has been in that family for over 75 years. It might just merit a story and some discussion if anything ever came of this. Maybe.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I guess I'll be the first to ask -- will Mark Cuban buy the Steelers?

Draft saved Draft deleted