1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UGH women... Please administer the lethal injection now....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 8, 2006.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Listen to the Bagster, son.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

For the record, I was not implying that you were cowardly for not taking his advice. That's just the reason I wouldn't do it. I fully understand your reasoning and appreciate it. Sometimes I'll look at these little teeny-bopper parents and wonder how they get to have kids and I don't. Then I realize it's because I'm roughly a million times smarter than they are and want to do things right. You are correct, the end game is easy enough to achieve. You want the right game. Salute.

3. I felt the same way when I read the story -- the fashion bitch likes you.

I can't explain it. Some women are like that. If they're taking the time to break it down like that, even if she's drinking, it signifies interest. I don't blame you for blowing her off. I would. I'm just saying that it sounds like a method of flirtation.

Definitely don't mess with the Dane dame with the live-in. Nope.

I say keep true with the initial gal and see where that goes.

ps -- I can't do one-night things, either. I don't have it in me.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I knew there was something I liked about you, SC. Same with spup (her comment followed SC's brutal admission).

I'm sorry, Ragu. That does blow. It's times like this that being a loner really isn't all bad ... for me, anyway.

Carry on.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Well, as long as we're talking about women...
    Lately, I've been getting mixed signals from women...like one who acts real flirty in some situations and totally stand-offish in others -- she's the sort who will leave the room in a party where everyone is, to go read People magazines in an empty room.
    Or one who was flirting real hard with me, and a buddy of mine, while I knew she had a boyfriend -- a nice guy, who was too busy studying for the bar exam to hang out with her.
    I dunno, situations like that throw me off. I asked the first woman out, via e-mail, but never got a response. And I didn't want to seem like a loooser by bringing it up. Plus, I get the feeling she might be dating another guy - who is closer to her age (I'm 10 years older). That's no big deal, because I was mainly interested in her because I thought she was interested in me.
    The second situation is a little harder nut to figure out. I have a horrible habit of ending up in the friend zone with women I was interested in, because I'm not aggressive enough.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I applaud you for not playing the game. Too many people have a linear view of life and believe they have to do things on a timeline. But as DBV said, sometimes you pay a price for that knowledge. My ex was in a big rush to either a) get married before 30 or b) get married before his younger sister. There's a reason he's an ex. Life doesn't work that way, not if you're being honest with yourself.

Sure, sometimes I look at the lives my peers have (marriage, kids, white picket fence) and I think I'm too old to be living like a frat boy. I could have easily had that, several times over, if I wanted to play that game. But I would be miserable.

7. Sam Mills 51

Just because that life works for most others doesn't mean it's what you have to do as well [/CaptainObvious]

Cripe ... I worked at a paper for more than a year where I was at least five years older than every other bachelor in the place. It was one of those type of places where if you were 25 and unmarried, they certainly thought something was wrong.

I'm quite certain I'm not alone in that sort of situation on this board.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I believe the correct phrase is "menace to society" for the unmarried males over 25... ;)

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Was this in Utah?

10. Sam Mills 51

Oh, that's me in a nutshell. ;) Hide the women and children and make sure to lock the doors.

Menace in newsroom? Sometimes. But not in social settings ... I'm usually not loud enough for anyone to make an observation.

SC, it wasn't in Utah. Try rural North Carolina, and think Southern Baptist instead of Mormon.

11. busdriver

busdriver Member

That is not true.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ahhhhh. Southern Baptists . . . I've heard of those! :D

And for the record, Mormons are good people, just not for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted