1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UGH women... Please administer the lethal injection now....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 8, 2006.

1. busdriver

busdriver Member

TBR so sorry to hear that she was like that.
    WE are not all that way, and I agree, it would not be good for you to get involved, if she is not serious about her live in boyfriend why would she ever be serious about you, and she would end up breaking your spirit.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SOmetimes you gotta say, "What the fuck."

Go for it..

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Similar world view? So there's a Danish woman out there who adores Arthur Laffer and hates Barry Bonds?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

This thread will end badly.

5. Xsportschick

Xsportschick Member

Do the coffee, like spaceman said (the 4 p.m.-ish being a fairly brilliant strategy.)
    Europeans are often more open-minded about relationships.

Forget about the Obnoxious Fashion Bitch, except the part about how her social ineptitude was probably an indicator that she liked you but had only a fourth-grade-girl way of showing it. (If she really wasn't interested, she would have gone home, and mightly early.) Plus, you got a story out of it.

Consider learning Danish. Apparently your appeal has a target demographic ;)

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, hook up with the Danish chick for formal sex. Bowtie and tails...

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Spaceman, I am not calling her. I don't need any part of that. I'm not sure if she was really naive or fucking with me. The punch in the stomach came so suddenly and unexpectedly, that I didn't get the chance to properly process it or figure it out... Even if it was some "European polyamorous" thing that my guileless, clueless self can't comprehend, I would never run with it. It's just not me.

A lot of guys I know would call her at 3 p.m. on a weekday out of nowhere and say, "Hey, wanna bang? I figured now would be a good time to catch you without your boyfriend around." Just to prove a point. But I don't have it in me to do something like that. I like people thinking I am a good guy, which was one reason why the walking Estee Lauder mannequin later that evening who told me I must be seriously fucked up because I am 38 (she actually put the age at 40) and unmarried, didn't do much to improve my mood. She (and she was 33, not exactly a 25-year-old telling me this) sort of implied that most guys like that are such dogs that they are banging 60 women at once, lying to all of them, and they are incapable of doing the "normal" thing and getting a white picket fence and 3 kids when they are 32. Either that, or they are so socially inept and such losers that they can't sustain the relationship that leads to the white picket fence and three kids. When she saw how annoyed I was, she stopped short of telling me which of those two guys I am. Now I'm cuirous, though.

To everyone not named Dyepack and Dooley, thanks for the responses... you have no idea how drunk I was when I typed that original post. It was the kind of "looking at faces and seeing 8 pairs of eyes" drunk. After I left the party, I downed some serious amounts scotch whiskey... It's a minor miracle I made it home. I was feeling really shitty about the evening. I came on here, posted and passed out.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Wow. I just told my sister the story. Her exact words were pretty close what you just said. "The second woman was into you and you were too dumb to realize it." I told her she's wrong. She wasn't there. But her intuition about this stuff has always been better than mine. I am usually really clueless. I still don't get it, though. Why would someone essentially call me a loser if they are into me?

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The first thing you did wrong was blow off watching baseball.

Secondly, why not just hang out with the Danish woman? Maybe it happens maybe it doesn't. Maybe she's living with the guy but not boning him. Maybe she found someone she might like better, that being you. You're out a late-afternoon lunch. Could be worse.

As for the second woman, anyone who starts psychoanalyzing me or telling me that I'm probably a loser to my face is on the off list. If she was that into you, she'd figure out the whole honey-vs.-vinegar kind of thing. Obviously, the fashionista's best relationship requires batteries, and you can see why.

And, hey, I think learning Danish might be a good idea. Like XSportschick says, you might be hitting a target demographic. Whatever works, right?

Last I checked, too, there is no law saying you HAVE to have sex with the Dane. Maybe she's kicking tires. Maybe you can kick a tire, too.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Heck, if the Danish chick has a boyfriend, you're only competing with one guy instead of the entire species in order to win her affections.

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Ragu, what's your sister's number? :)

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i really dislike fashion bitch. i don't even know her and i hate her. people who are that judgmental and think they know stuff because they are aware of stereotypes drive me fucking nuts. was she hot, at least? and how much was she drinking?

ok, now i'll play devil's advocate. you haven't said if the fact that you're 38 and single is a problem for you. if it is, it might not hurt to try and have coffee with fashion bitch. haven't you ever seen a woman who you just know isn't your type and wondered? well, maybe if you meet her sober it would be like you're the anti-big ragu and stepping out of your element. maybe you'll be so disgusted with yourself and with her that you'll get up to take a leak and sneak out the back door. maybe you'll discover she actually is into you and just doesn't know how to show it.

Draft saved Draft deleted