1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UGA asks prospects' parents to leave because they wore their other son's colors

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Niiice. Mom may had said it won't affect their recruiting of the younger son, but I'll believe it when I see him signing a LOI for UGA.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The parents probably should have had enough sense not to come decked out head to toe in OSU stuff. That said, Georgia should have not made such a big deal of it. Dumb on their part.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Has Elaine Benes' struggles not taught us anything: You don't wear an Orioles cap in the owner's box.

Still, I hope Georgia loses this kid for this reason and this reason only. Granted, the parents didn't show a whole lot of good judgment, but I think kicking them out because of their choice of clothing is stupid.

5. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

As a UGA grad, I think I can say without any bias whatsoever that anyone who voluntarily wears any shade of orange should be shot on sight.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

Bring it on, tough guys.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

This is why college football in the south sucks.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

You blaspheme, pallister!

One of the greatest stories I have ever read - indeed, THE greatest single work I have read by this particular ESPN young Frackin' stud - was a recent one about the glory and grandeur of Southern Football.

9. Mmac

Mmac Guest

I assume you mean this: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=southernfootball&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos1

10. pallister

pallister Guest

That cracked me up. That was the response I was looking for.

11. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

I didn't go to UGA, but I lived in Atlanta long enough to say this should be written into law. In fact, it's probably in there somewhere and we just don't know it.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Well, not exactly this reason. But college football certainly sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted