1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UGA AD arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 1, 2010.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if Damon resigns tonight.

There have been rumblings around campus and town about his personal life since before he took over as AD.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The last graf says so much ... married with two children.
    Wow!
    It's hard to do just about anything, with anyone, and not have somebody quickly see it and have it go public.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It's a joke. Blue = sarcasm

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Well, the presser didn't provide any insight.

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

The woman repeatedly refused to stay in the car after the trooper told her to do so, so she was arrested.

Do only head coaches have little bag-toting handlers who drive, answer questions and steer the coach along through the crowd? I thought ADs would have one, too.

"Naaa, you go on. I can handle her, er, it tonight and drive us back. I'm good."

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Good thing they stopped calling it the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. Otherwise he might really have gotten hammered.

Seriously, I can see no good coming of this, unless it somehow leads to that sanctimonious prick Michael Adams getting tossed out of the president's mansion, which seems unlikely.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I don't see how this touches him.

Evans will be gone by Tuesday. And looking for a divorce lawyer by Wednesday.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/incident-report-evans-tried-563333.html

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[/quote]

No worries - Evans said they were just friends... Good enough for me...

And the wife sits there like a stooge at the presser.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

She probably slapped the hell out of him in the backroom after the presser like Juliana Marigoles did to Chris Noth in the debut of "The Good Wife."

Just because she sat there like a stooge, it doesn't mean that she's about to take that meat cleaver and go upside his head behind closed doors.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

These stories just defy belief.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Well, Georgia fans, at least her panties were red.

Does Damon turn in his resignation on Sunday in the hopes of it getting less attention on the holiday?

Draft saved Draft deleted