1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UGA AD arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jul 1, 2010.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I love Claude, as nice a man as there has ever been, but he doesn't have a shot in hell at this job. He's run the best SID office in the country for many, many years, but that doesn't mean he has a clue about running a whole athletic department -- especially one of Georgia's size and budget.

And what makes Claude and the UGA staff so great is how friendly and accommodating they are.*** They'll go the extra mile to help you out, and if they have to tell you no they're never going to be an ass about it. They understand the job that we have to do and really go out of their way to help us do it. You probably have to experience it to know what it's like.

***—Men's basketball SID Tim Hix not included.

2. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I'll back up what John said about Claude. Whether you're from a big, medium or small outlet, Claude treats you like a pro.

3. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Dealt with Claude before, also. I second and third all the nice things already said about him. If you've dealt with him and then some of the turds in the same positions elsewhere (and there are other good ones), you'd see why Claude is highly regarded.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

This is it exactly. Plus, Adams is looking outside the university first. Claude's not on the short list of in-house candidates. I have no idea if he wants it, but he really should stay put. He's a short number of years before UGA starts naming things after him.

5. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Adams is a douche of the highest caliber, he'd never even condsider Claude. He's probably looking at one of his "old buddies" from another stop, since his idea to hire Harrick was such sheer brilliance!

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

He also hired Evans, FWIW, which until a week ago looked like a solid move.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I suggested Felton as a candidate because of his long standing ties the school, familiarity with the athletic department and professionalism.

Many of us never know what we are capable of until given the task of something. An ADs job is to increase revenue, oversee budgets, hire personnel and negotiate with lots of different parties. I suspect Felton could do all of that quite well.

Draft saved Draft deleted