1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC's "Rampage" Jackson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

OK, you're right. After his EliteXC contract ran up, he went on The Ultimate Fighter, then had one UFC fight. It was a low-level fight, and he lost easily, according to the recaps.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

According to to his wiki page, he had two official UFC bouts after the Ultimate Fighter. In the first, he beat Houston Alexander. In the second, he lost to Matt Mitrione. He was then cut from the UFC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimbo_Slice

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The Houston Alexander bout was The Ultimate Fighter finale, which qualifies as an official UFC bout but is part of the show, too.

Again, I follow loosely because I have to edit stories on the sport occasionally and have friends who watch it. My main point about Kimbo Slice was he gets ripped by hard-core MMA fans.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am not sure entirely what you mean with this comparison, but yes, I would put MMA in the same general freak-show category as professional wrestling. The main difference being the sense of humor in one fan base vs. the violence (in many case chemically aided) in the other.

5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Gus Johnson's greatest moment.

Thanks, Kimbo.

6. Without MMA, you couldn't buy great clothing at Walmart.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The difference between wrestling fans and MMA fans is that one has to pay to get laid, while the other prefers rape.

Draft saved Draft deleted