1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC results

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Dec 30, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Remember when you "weren't trying to be a smartass?" That was a fun time. And you and I got into the discussion. The others bowed out. They also didn't call my argument weak. So there's that.

So I told you.

Wow, the condescension and pompousness of that post is just awe-inspiring. Your version of a debate apparently involves not actually listening to any arguments against your point, and then accusing the other person of being (by my count) lazy, ignorant, and hostile. But you stay up on that fucking tower of knowledge. I'll be down here bowing to your rhetorical greatness.

Meanwhile, in case you still have enough shreds of intelligence left to actually think about this, the Montana reference was about the fact that rodeo is a big deal in Montana. There are events there. There are not events here. So why the fuck do I care? From a quick glance at the UFC website, the next two events are in Hollywood, Fla., and Las Vegas. I would expect those papers to cover it, because they're happening in those papers' area. Hence, my rodeo logic. If you still don't get it, then we're just going to keep going around and around in circles because you're clearly blinded by your affinity for the subject.

2. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Like you said, we'll just keep going in circles. Hope you have a good night. Be safe and have a Happy New Years.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Who's crazier, swimming parents or UFC fans?

4. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'm actually going to go with option C.: The parents of the two cross country skiiers who won "state championships" last winter, but who won't be recognized in tomorrow's paper as such because, well, the state championship race consisted of about six schools.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Mert.....do you even read the big time papers in New England? About 8 months back.....Ron Borges sat courtside with Dana White for a PPV fight. Over the past 12 months, I bet the Globe and Herald have written have 30 columns about UFC. It's growing, Borges now covers the sport as does George Kimball.

It can be brutal...but there is so much technique.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Still doesn't take it out of niche sport status.

7. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Larry, don't even bother. He'll just demean your entire point into a temper tantrum and make it look like he's the only one making a point (check out the skit he wrote about our conversation, it's SNL worthy). Time will tell on this debate.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

maybe you're right....for now. It takes time......and 2 years from now, it will be on Sportscenter. Mark my words.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Nope, you're right, Gimpy. You're completely right, and I'm completely wrong. that's the whole fucking point. It's not like I ever used the words "give it time" during my argument. It's not like I ever indicated that it would just take time before UFC would be a bigger deal, but that it isn't now. Nope, not at all. Fuck this, go ahead and have whatever argument you want. I can't keep up with it anymore.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Hey...the guy lives in the Berkshires, very scenic.....but the teams he covers make the state tourney and get their asses kicked.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Oh goody. Couldn't have asked for more from this thread. Unfuckingbelievable. Happy Go Fuck Yourself to the both of you.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Happy New Year Mert....sincerely.

Draft saved Draft deleted