1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC president's homophobic, sexist rant at reporter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 2, 2009.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Couture and the UFC parted ways a while back over some money issue. Doesn't surprise me that someone who has aligned themselves with Couture is drawing the ire of the UFC president. Dana White did the same thing to anyone who aligned themselves with Tito Ortiz back when he and Tito were feuding.

Simply put, Dana White is a douche. At the same time, though, UFC has grown exponentially under his watch. Whether it's his doing or not, he gets credit for it. Because of that, a lot of MMA fans will often defend him.

2. Couture also returned to the UFC a year later with his tail tucked between his legs. He walked out on a valid contract both sides negotiated in good faith and didn't have a legal leg to stand on.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I concur.

It's not like we are talking about Vince McMahon and the wrasslin'. This is a legitimate sport that people spend years training to do and requires a tremendous amount of skill. The top guys in MMA are probably some of the best athletes in the world. Go to one traning session and you'll agree. It is good to have standards, but it is also good to be open-minded to something that might turn into a good story.

And to repeat myself, Dana White is a douchebag.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

A lot of people in our business approach their jobs that very way.

5. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

I refer you to my earlier post in this thread...

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Which is one of the major problems with our business. Why give the customers stuff that they actually want?

7. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Solid. Fucking solid.

8. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

FORUM FIGHT!

9. Mr7134

Mr7134 Member

From Dave Meltzer...

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm sure all the scalpers that signed up for memberships and online newsletters are thrilled.

http://www.stubhub.com/ultimate-fighting-tickets/ufc-100-7-11-2009-802133/

$4,000 near as dammit for ringside. What was the face value, anyone know?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this tired meme.

There isn't THAT much technique to pinning someone against the wall and kneeing them in the face.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

It really isn't that simple, but trying to convince you would be like arguing with said wall ... or said knee. Until you actually try what these guys do, you won't understand, and I can't say I blame you. Until I actually started training in MMA, I really thought it was just a case of the stronger guy shoving the other guy around. It isn't, but there is no way to put that into words that would make someone change their mind.

And swinging a circular bat at a ball doesn't look all that difficult and technical either, but we all know it is. The devil is in the details.

Draft saved Draft deleted