1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC president's homophobic, sexist rant at reporter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, not live during a press conference. He filmed it and posted it to YouTube so everybody could see it. He used "fuck" nearly 50 times in 3 minutes.

" ... whoever gave you that quote is a pussy and a fucking faggot and a fucking liar ..."
    "You fucking dumb bitch. Fuck you, Loretta Hunt."

http://deadspin.com/5195532/ufcs-president-really-knows-how-to-handle-the-media

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And you wonder why UFC doesn't get more mainstream media coverage. ... Hmmmm.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I thought UFC was short for University of something or other. :)

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

About the opposite of

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Gee it looks like that UFC Director of Media Relations job is opening up pretty fucking soon. :D :D

6. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

UFC is like rugby for rednecks...virulently homophobic and subtly gay at the same time.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Tommy Lasorda scoffs at the UFC president.

8. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

I counted 34 "fucks" in just over three minutes.

One of the benefits of doing that is no one gets on your ass about the one "bullshit" or two "shits" in the same rant.

If you're in a work environment, the bleeped version of the rant can be found at:

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MMA_Boxing?vid=351f37f1-220b-4a0c-a378-01c94ab9858d

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well it does sound like the reporter in question fucked up the story and had a whole lot of innaccuracies......

Just sayin' ;D

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why did I know that zag would defend the angry rant?

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

Quality.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Because I am an angry guy........ ;)

And I don't know that I defended it, I just said, you know, in the same vane as "there are reasons and explanations why people mock cops who gott shot" there was a reason why this dude was so mad.

Draft saved Draft deleted