1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UFC boots reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 5, 2016.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the things I think UFC has done right is controlling its fighters and making the fights that people want to see, when they want to see them. It seemed less shady than boxing (which routinely pays reporters to come to fights, hype the fights on their respective platforms) - I get that White has a "narrative" and doesn't want a reporter spoiling a news release - but that's the breaks. You want to be big time. Act big time.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, you do get a lot of wannabes and fanboys in the boxing media. I know the BWAA does have rules against its members receiving payment or travel expenses from promoters. How well those rules are followed, I can't say.
    A lot of people view MMA as being more on the level than boxing, I guess, because there is this one organization, the UFC, that is universally accepted as the leading organization, where all the best fighters typically compete or want to compete, as opposed to all the different sanctioning bodies in boxing.
    In reality, all the UFC did was cut out the middle men that are the sanctioning bodies in boxing. It functions as both promoter and sanctioning body. The other MMA promoters do the same thing, having their own titles, but neither Bellator nor the World Series of Fighting are on the same level.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

He was allowed to break the story, then he was fake punished to generate hollow controversy and gain more traction online and gain attention.

MMA is as big a work as pro rasslin, brother.

HanSenSE and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  4. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Dana White: I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

Attached Files:

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Very similar to Vince McMahon.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

White is threatening some other reporter for reporting on UFC's potential sale.

He's just comes across as an overly sensitive wanna-be bully that probably cried every time someone stood up to him.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Is it Jeremy Botter that he's threatening? He has been on top of this sale since the rumors started going past rumors and into near verifiable.

Botter works for FloCombat, a pretty new outlet if I'm not mistaken. I doubt they ever had credentials anyway, so I'm not sure exactly what White could threaten them with.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Gator likes this.
  10. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Smart reporters.

Draft saved Draft deleted