1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UF student Tasered after questioning John Kerry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dan Rydell, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'll slur people who make broad accusations and then run away.

You're an ambulance chaser a jerk.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Like that time...

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Guy,
    Sorry. I'm deleting my posts on this thread. I'll PM you a proper explanation. Long story short, I mistook your username for someone else's. Again, apologies.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Game. Set. Match.

Oh, and Mr. Gator won't be paying for the remainder of his education. Neither will his kids.

And Kerry could have sked the police and the moderator to let him finish his lecture question, especially considering it is one of the core values Kerry allegedly champions. Don't know if that would have done any good, though.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Agree with those who say this kid is now set for life.

But was he on Kerry's side? The words might have been, but the tone . . . he was badgering dude. Obviously doesn't justify the police action, but it's interesting to find out just what the motivation was. Not sure what kind of questions they expected a former presidential candidate to get.

In any event, those cops will and should be fired and disgraced. And the guest speaker should have at least said something.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Kerry, as a U.S. Senator, should have told the police to back off -- demanded it, in fact -- and taken control from there. It wouldn't have been that hard. The cops probably woulda listened to the guy running the town hall meeting.

Looks like the student was staging the scene to provoke a confrontation, and then he got a little more than he planned.

And now he'll clean up with a lawsuit.

God Bless America, the Land of Opportunity.

Watch the news tomorrow. I'm gonna get myself Tasered somewhere, somehow.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The most disturbing thing in the video is the applause from the audience as the cops close in on him.

Of course his delivery was absolute shit. If he would've calmed the fuck down and asked the question in a relaxed manner, I doubt people would've gave him shit. Holding a prop does not help either.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The University and its kingshit cops will not allow this to reach a jury. There's a tape, and public opinion that generally supports the tasered party.

9. ATLienCP

ATLienCP Member

I did not realize that being a senator gave you authority over the police wherever you are. Larry craig should have got what he was looking for in that stall. I guess he will be able to get his conviction overturned on the grounds of being a U.S. Senator.

10. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

No, I think the audience was applauding the guy getting busted.

Belated response for him asking what the hell was going on.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I thoroughly enjoy watching asshole attention whores get tasered.

There's enough evidence on that tape that the kid was clearly resisting arrest. Whether you want to argue he deserved to be arrested is another discussion, but he clearly was resisting arrest, which is a crime.

He'll get no such thing as a free education or any part of the university. He got what he deserved. He was an obnoxious asshole he had no right to disrupt an event without being taken away.

I gotta go watch it again. ;D

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Thanks for dropping by Vice President Cheney!

Draft saved Draft deleted