1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uecker's stalker nabbed in AZ

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Mar 20, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

TUESDAY, March 20, 2007, 12:26 p.m.
    By Tom Held
    Woman in Uecker case ordered to leave game

In the exhibition baseball season, the games don't count but the restraining orders do.

A woman accused of stalking Milwaukee Brewers' announcer Bob Uecker for nearly a decade was ordered out of the Maryvale Baseball Park in Phoenix yesterday, after Brewer officials spotted her in a seat near the front row. The officials tipped off the police officers who provide security in the ball yard.

Phoenix Police Sgt. Joel Tranter said Ann Ladd left voluntarily when confronted by the officers and was issued a trespassing warning.

Under a restraining order issued last September, Ladd is banned from attending any Brewer home and road games and is required to stay at least 500 feet away from the longtime Brewers announcer.

The order specifically included spring training and exhibition games.

(Not to be confused with Cheryl Ladd)
    [​IMG]

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I must be in the front roooooowwww!

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Separated at birth?

She kinda looks like William Katt.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

She was spotted wearing a Mr. Belvedere t-shirt....

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There are so many Major League jokes that can be made here ... and I can't think of a damned one.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

"One stalker........One goddamn stalker!"

7. she looks like her sanity is jusssssssssssssst a bit outside.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I loved the lede.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Horseshit lead. Flippant lead inappropriate for the story.

Yeah, I know it's worth a million jokes because Uecker isn't exactly Brad Pitt, but stalking is scary. Those fuckers are completely delusional -- like the woman who stalked Letterman for years -- and the target has to be constantly worried. You're liable to unlock a hotel door and find the psycho in the room. Letterman's stalker used to break into his house and live there when he was out of town.

If it were a female celebrity being stalked by a male (or a really muscular lesbian), it would get the serious treatment it deserves.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

11. John

John Well-Known Member

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted