1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UCLA student's anti-Asian rant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did you listen to her talk?

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh Pancamo, I think you know that isn't at all what I said but are just trying to pick a fight. If I'm wrong and you are actually that bad at reading, I suggest you sound it out. Really the only thing I am saying is that because she got into UCLA doesn't automatically mean she is part of the academic upper crust.

As to the question of whether she is stupid, as Ace noted, I will submit the video as Exhibit A.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You could walk around almost any dorm at any college and find a worse rant on almost any given night.

4. Mizzougrad96

She's a college kid making a politically incorrect rant.

She's not making fun of the tsunami. She's not making light of a tragedy. She's pissed off about some people talking on the phone in the library and she made fun of how they talk.

I was expecting something much worse. On the racism scale of 1 to 10, that's about a 2.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She'll be on Faux Noise within a couple months.

The bouncing bazongas, the goggle-eyed hentai/manga/blowup-doll facial expressions -- she's got all the journalistic credentials to be the new Megyn Kelly.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd say it's more of a 5. But mostly she comes across as dolt.

7. Mizzougrad96

A five without a racial slur? :D

8. Mizzougrad96

What's more ignorant and offensive, this girl's ching chong rant or Adrian Peterson comparing the NFL negotiations to modern-day slavery?

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Because this is narcissistic, exhibitionist, voyeurist America, where any attention is good attention, and attention is an end in itself.

edited: This is THAT side of America.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In this instance I'd say AD. So UCLA > OU (like that was ever in question.)

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

The stupid-ass "ching-chong-chung" thing is pretty damn close.

Let's give this little nothing her 15 minutes and then let her return to being a nothing.

12. Mizzougrad96

Pretty big difference between making fun of how someone talks and a racial slur. I agree about letting her return to be a nothing. This 15 minutes of fame/infamy is very undeserved.

Draft saved Draft deleted