1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UCLA Cops Repeatedly Taser Iranian-American Dude

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Actually, it looks like the "police" in this case are poorly trained hacks to whom someone gave Tasers and authority without checking whether they lnew how to use either one.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Got a buddy who worked as a mid-level manager at a minimum-security prison camp here in Indiana. Every guard and everyone who had direct contact with prisoners on a regular basis carried a container of pepper spray and a taser. The only catch was this: You had to take a dose of both before you were allowed to carry them. So my buddy got pepper sprayed (made him hack, wheeze, cry and throw up) and the next day got the Taser (his exact words: "I damn near shit my pants")

But it sure as hell made all the employees understand how careful you have to be with these things.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Is there any bigger joke in America than your average campus police officer?

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Below-average campus police officers, maybe?

5. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

It's like the #1 video on youtube. pretty wild shit ... and im not defending the cops here, but when you watch the video, they ask him 1,000 times to stand up, and he refuses to.

i dont get that. cops seemed to be excessive ... but when you ask a guy a million times to stand up and he doesnt ... i dont get it.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A_F --

After you've tasered a guy a few times, doesn't it occur to someone that maybe he can't fucking stand up?

OTR --
    Touche.

7. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Zeke, since you obviously haven't seen the clip, the he is resisting to stand up before he is tasered. The clip starts up after the cops have probably cuffed him ... you can't see the kid, he's on the ground, and the cops are yelling, 'STAND UP.'

But man, when he gets tasered ... you feel for the little guy.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

If he'd have stood up, they would've quit.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jesus...

He's already been tasered as the cell phone camera clip starts, as was stated on every news broadast I watched last night.

Pull a fucking clue.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've been hit. After you've been hit twice, you can stand up. I'm living proof.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

three_bags, I'm sure you could.

You also likely knew it was coming. And we don't know how many times total this guy got tasered, what the setting was, how powerful the amps were, etc., etc.

Defend these cops at your own risk of looking like a colossal douchebag.

I hope this kid owns half of the campus by the time he's done.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yeah, your average big mouth, spoiled, over indugled college student who thinks that their lack of accomplishment gives them some divine insight into life.

BTW, if all the little pricks who are watching and whining for the officers' badge numbers were truely committed to correcting the injustice before them, they would have rushed the officers and took some real action, rather than wet their panties and plan their web pages.

Draft saved Draft deleted