1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Uber in crisis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 1, 2017.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So Uber is a company with an ill-conceived business model that treats both its customers and employees like crap.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Must have been founded by airline executives.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Toyota Supra ...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. cranberry

I've never had an issue with cab service here or in any other big city.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Uber as a company sucks. Terrible business practices.

Had used it a few times, but stopped a few years ago when one of the execs started threatening a smear campaign against journalists who gave them negative coverage.

Fuck Uber. (And yes, easy for me to say because I've never had any trouble with taking a taxi).

6. cranberry

What are you even talking about?

7. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Good thing they now have Ben Cafferty doing their PR.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

lcjjdnh and doctorquant like this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I like the sound of Uber Fuck. Potential business idea.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There used to be (and perhaps still are) SUVs rolling around NYC with hookers for a mobile roll in the hay. Somebody might have beat you to the idea. But I won't doubt your skills to improve upon it the platform.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Uber riders don't know what they want. They don't like surge pricing and they don't like upfront pricing.

Upfront pricing, though, is not always "up front." Went to Houston last month and the driver took a route to the airport that was double the distance it should have been. Of course Uber's algorithm knew that as I got arefund seconds after I submitted a complaint.

Lawsuit Accuses Uber Of Fare Fraud

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I got double the bill on a trip in San Diego when the driver went the wrong way, not just missed a right turn here or there, he went south when we were supposed to be going north and it took eons in Southern California traffic to get going the right way -- he had no clue where he was going even with his Google map going on the phone. They refunded me right away, to their credit, when I pointed it out. This didn't seem like it was on purpose or anything, but I am sure plenty of people pay more when they don't notice or don't speak up.

Draft saved Draft deleted