1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UAW - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Are we back to "unions are monopolies" again?
    Good fucking god.
    Who hid the silver bullets?

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Another informed response.

Bzzzt.

3. Go cut and paste something we haven't already heard, OK?

4. The Big Ragu

That's your response?

::)

It's not even remotely amusing.

Tell you what, my next response to you on this thread will come if you actually care to weigh in with an intelligent, on-point, response to the post you objected to. You haven't earned the right to be a smug ass, especially when you're incapable of dealing with challenges to your ideology with anything but weak, attempted put downs. Too bad you can't just have a discussion without posts like that forcing their way out. I used to think you were a bright, thought-provoking guy. I guess you have no interest in showing that side of yourself.

5. SigR

SigR Member

Well, I'm poor and would rather not have the genes I have. Not that it should matter one way or another--an argument ought to be able to exist independent of the individual who presents it. Otherwise you are attacking the person and not the idea.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Genetics don't matter, now?

And you are messaging on a computer.... news flash, you ain't poor.

7. The Big Ragu

Simon, 80 percent of U.S. adults are online and all the evidence suggests that the 20 percent who don't aren't limited by their wealth, but by how averse they are to technology they are.

8. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I cried because I had no shoes. And then I saw a man with no feet.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

So easy a caveman could do it!

sorry

10. SigR

SigR Member

Thanks for making the point I started to make earlier in the thread. And you are right, i'm not poor. By present comparative standards, I am. But in terms of absolute wealth...I can feed myself, shelter myself, and afford a few luxuries like a computer and the internet. I *perceive* myself to be poor, when I'm doing a lot better than living in a cave.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Poor depends on your perspective. I've lifted my situation above living in a cave and I no longer have to hunt and gather to keep my family fed and clothed. Ain't America great!

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Ladies and Gentleman, SigR, the Gannett employee of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted