1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U-T shutters The Californian

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, May 28, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Temecula's remained a pretty fast-growing community throughout the Recession; but it's paper didn't make it.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/utsandiego-north-county-times-californian-closure_b89089

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Former co-worker caught up in this and posted on Facebook this morning. Not a surprise U-T is doing it, but it still stings nonetheless.

3. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Another masthead falls. So sad.

4. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Now if only Saturday Night Live can cancel The Californians - maybe the least funniest regular sketch the show has ever done. And I hate Gilly.

5. BrianM

BrianM Member

I love "The Californians". It helps to have lived in LA, maybe. That sketch captures the people of that city perfectly.

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

I spent five years in Southern California and find that sketch repulsively unfunny. Fast forward through it every time on the DVR. If I do happen to watch it, I don't laugh once.

Draft saved Draft deleted