1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U-T shutters The Californian

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TigerVols, May 28, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Temecula's remained a pretty fast-growing community throughout the Recession; but it's paper didn't make it.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/utsandiego-north-county-times-californian-closure_b89089

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Former co-worker caught up in this and posted on Facebook this morning. Not a surprise U-T is doing it, but it still stings nonetheless.

3. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Another masthead falls. So sad.

4. RonClements

RonClements Active Member

Now if only Saturday Night Live can cancel The Californians - maybe the least funniest regular sketch the show has ever done. And I hate Gilly.

5. BrianM

BrianM Member

I love "The Californians". It helps to have lived in LA, maybe. That sketch captures the people of that city perfectly.

6. RonClements

RonClements Active Member

I spent five years in Southern California and find that sketch repulsively unfunny. Fast forward through it every time on the DVR. If I do happen to watch it, I don't laugh once.

Draft saved Draft deleted