1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. wins back America's Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Feb 14, 2010.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Just when I thought there couldn't be a better sports day than the Daytona 500, the Winter Olympics and the NBA All-Star Game, you tell me I missed America's Cup.
    That makes for one grand slam of great sporting events today.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed watching it when it was a big deal and ESPN covered it. Though it does bother me seeing rich people gain millions more in sponsorships from the thing.
    I don't think people would be that enthused hearing about the money spent on this thing with all the crap going on in the world. I'll take an episode of Deadliest Catch any day of the week.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Only when it gets kicked over and over again. I could give an example, but I'm not opening that can of worms.

When it only gets kicked once in a blue moon, like in Olympic basketball in 2004, we usually come back with a vengeance.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The US stops caring when it becomes a legal event and not a sporting event. I used to enjoy the America's Cup. Then it became decades of dueling lawsuits occasionally interrupted by mismatches on the water. They've ruined the competition.

Draft saved Draft deleted