1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. troops' latrine graffiti in Kuwait, Afghanistan-some NSFW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Apr 16, 2008.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Interesting. Some people have too much time on their hands.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

What do you mean?

4. three_bags_full

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

The reporter, the troops? Not trying to be a jerk, it just seems like a lot of times you drop a one-sentence post into a thread and I'm not sure where you're coming from.

6. three_bags_full

All involved, it appears. Bathroom graffiti? Yeah, interesting story, but what else? I just don't get it. There are people in the Army who aren't happy to be where they are? Sounds like a no-brainer, to me.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Bathroom graffiti just confuses me. I don't get why you'd want to spend more time in there than you have to. I know there's a good Seinfeld quote about it, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

8. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Friend of mine came back from Iraq, he was in the 82nd, and they posted graffiti all over the place. Most of it was in military lingo and I had no clue what it was about. The few I could understand were pretty funny. Quick witted lot, that's for sure.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Geez, and here I thought Martha Stewart's dog dying was the least important news story EVAR!! Wrong again!

10. gretchd

gretchd Member

I actually enjoyed this piece quite a lot. It's not earth shattering, but it's a nice little slice of life from which most of us are far removed.

11. But we always hear it presented as if every single soldier is absolutely thrilled to go wherever the president sends him.
    I know that's their duty, but when we liberals argue about bringing them home, the other side responds, "Why don't you support the troops and let them finish their job?"
    As if all the soldiers are going, "Please let me stay in Iraq for the next 100 years. Don't bring me home to my family, Mr. Softy."

12. three_bags_full

Please show me a story that reads as if every soldier is happy to be sent to war.

Draft saved Draft deleted