1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Shifts to Seek Removal of Yemen’s Leader, an Ally

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Saleh is about to join Mubarak on the list of dictators we can no longer support.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My brother has been working in Yemen for about the last six months for a French oil and gas company. He came home on leave in late February (he gets three weeks off every eight weeks) and was all set to go back in mid-March, when the company called him and told him not to return until further notice. He's still getting paid for the time-being, but no work has been done in about a month (a large portion of their labor force is native Yemeni and those guys are in the street protesting). I imagine they're getting close to shutting things down, although the state department may tell all Americans to get out before then anyway.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

And in other news, Afghans are enraged and enacting violence and death because someone burned some Korans. But that's not news here.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Other than being on the front page of every major newspaper and newspaper website in the United States, that is completely correct.

5. YankeeFan

I think he might have meant "here" as in SportsJournalists.com.

There was a thread. It didn't go well.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You forgot to post his on the I Hate Muslims board.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Nah the Muslims are doing enough hating on their own. And we keep hoping it goes away by ignoring it.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Of course I was. This is like Pravda, scratching the news and commentary we don't want to know...living in denial of what these people are about, going out of the way to avoid offending them. It's beyond silly.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Don't worry. Your hatred of Muslims is well-documented.

10. printdust

printdust New Member

I call them as I see them and as most of the legitimate world sees them, which is far better vision than represents a significant number here.

11. YankeeFan

Let's stick to Yemen.

If we're dropping support for him, he could be on his way out. That's a pretty big deal.

12. TheSportsPredictor

Wrong. Most of the legitimate world is not bigoted, as you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.