1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Sen. Chuck Hagel holds a press conference to announce...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

...absolutely nothing.

What a waste of time, Chuck. If you're not sure you want to be president, then you shouldn't call a press conference.

2. It was fun watching the networks scramble to cover it, though.

3. ...wake me up when a politician finds his ass.

The direction of this country (politics/culture) reminds me of the other declining empires. We're going to be exposed as powerful frauds once some lunatic foreign President realizes our weaknesses.

You think China fears the US with our politicians and some military men not able to design a way to defeat the sand monsters in the Middle East. What use are these military weapons (mother of all bombs) and other toys if we're not going to use them in an effort to spare our American troops.

** rant over **

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to jump on your rant there bubba, but what you're offering, especially in terms of military response, is far too simplistic to be realistic.

U.S. troops are limited in what "fun" weapons they can use because, y'know, they'd end up killing lots of innocents in the process.

Nice idea, but flawed beyond comprehension.

5. Nice idea?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK, maybe not so nice an idea. I was being charitable and generous.

7. I know, but, really...

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fen, I was focusing more on this uninformed opinion that we just ought to drop a bomb and be done with it.

9. Then why has no one taken the position to question the government's spending of taxpayer money with bombs, they never intend to use.

10. Perhaps because they all wandered into the syntax of that sentence and were lost, forever lost.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Have you ever taken a political science or history class?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

David Lightman: Yeah. Weird isn't it? Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War.
    Joshua: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?
    David Lightman: Later. Right now lets play Global Thermonuclear War.
    Joshua: Fine.

Draft saved Draft deleted