1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Open or NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by times38, Jun 15, 2008.

1. times38

times38 Member

If the Celtics win tonight, which one will get bigger play in your rag?

2. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

U.S. Open, because our deadline is 11:30 and we're not holding for the NBA.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Open for early, we'll replate if the Celtics win.

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Active Member

Open. With a possible early deadline because of the flooding, we can't wait too long tonight.

5. times38

times38 Member

Being in Central time they've given us just enough cushion to get in something that holds to the front.

Although now I have even more problems since Dale Jr. finally won. More of our readers probably care about that than Tiger or the Celtics.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

U.S. Open. Golf is big here, especially right now.

7. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

Yeah, here in redneck-land, we're definitely getting Dale Jr. out front. Nobody seems to care about NBA coverage here. We haven't had a Finals game yet, and not one complaint.

8. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Deadline forces us to go with Open. But on a night like this we try to balance it as best we can, which is hard. Open is centerpiece, with Finals getting played on top. I hate layouts (and nights) like this...deadline forces your hand, and now if the Lakers win, neither one is really all that big a deal although I really think the next day Open playoff loses some of the luster a Sunday finish provides.

And yeah, around here, the NBA Finals has been our least read stuff (according to our website anyway)

9. rebelpaul

rebelpaul New Member

We're going with the NBA finals because we can make deadline for it. But if LA doesn't blow this lead, and builds a huge lead, I might have to go with the Open.

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Good freakin' question, considering we've got guys at both and I'm off.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Celtics if they win it. Otherwise, it's the Open.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm off, but I'm 99% sure the Open will be our cover.

Draft saved Draft deleted