1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Olympic swimmer competing with testicular cancer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 11, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which is fine for the baseball field, but a little silly for a message board. I can't say I cared for AreaMan's post, either, but FirstDownPirates isn't completely wrong, either.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Really? Me saying "douche" and "fuck off and die" doesn't even come CLOSE to most of the shit on this board.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Because I brought it up, I should provide a link...

NYTimes.com: Chinese Diver (and more)

I understand where the article is going with the stories about pressure, but I'm not so sure that is the case with the diver, especially since we know about the American with cancer.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

What is worse than wishing death upon someone? Being repulsed by their tattoos?

5. imjustagirl

OK. Next time someone says 'go fuck yourself' I'm going to take them completely literally.

If I'd known you were in one of those moods, I would have rephrased. "Kindly remove yourself from this board, sir, as you have offended me and mine."

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

IJAG, I believe proper decorum suggests you first say, to a friend, "I will bite my thumb at them, which is a disgrace if they bear it."

And when they respond, "Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?" you can then respond with:

"I do not bite my thumb at you, sir. But I do bite my thumb. Fuck off and die."

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just one man's opinion. FO&D is a very harsh statement, and I would think instances of its use would be very minimal, either face to face or in writing.

8. imjustagirl

Well NOW you tell me.

I'm sending you all my posts before I post them. Hope your job doesn't mind.

CK: Different strokes. It means nothing more to me than "Fuck you" or "Choke on it" or "suck it."

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The Dick Cheney board, perhaps.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Ohhh... to the snipers.... lighten up.

Very funny, AM.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I've got no problem being told 'fuck you' or 'fuck off'. In fact, I'm fairly familiar with both.

It's tagging on the other part that just rubs me the wrong way.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You got a Web cam?

Kidding......kidding.

Draft saved Draft deleted