1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Marines Urinating On Corpses Video

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If the Taliban or Al Qaeda did this to an American, a majority of Americans would want nuclear bombs dropped.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm not condoning or justifying.

It is a fucking war, there are a lot of things we don't like about war.

And the idea that the sick fuck wing of Islam/Arab/Al Qaeda needs that video or us torturing prisoners for that matter, to recruit new sick fucks is laughable.

They are fucked up people and they ain't rational.

Fuck them.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Was shooting the video and posting it on YouTube (or however it got out) a real good idea?

No.

Do I really care?

No.

Would those inclined to radical Islamic violence be any more favorably disposed toward us if we were properly washing, anointing and preparing the bodies?

No.

So again, I don't really care.

Although I am sure some obsessive anti-government nuts will seize on it as yet another example of how absolutely anything and everything associated with the federal government is doomed to utter disaster.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yep. I'm not going to pretend to know what those soldiers are dealing with. Their behavior is miles from normal, but so are their lives.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

First, please correct the terminology. They are Marines; not Soldiers. Soldier implies a member of the U.S. Army. These are members of the Marine Corps. I understand it's probably all the same to you guys, but like the Lexington school system thing mattered to you guys, this one matters to me.

Second, what Ragu said. This behavior is deplorable and these Marines will likely face serious judicial punishment when identified.

Third, thanks again, Alma, for pretty much calling service members ditch diggers. This is about the third or fourth time you've made comments like that. I really appreciate it.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I trust TBF's opinion on this.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Trust and agreement go hand in hand.

Sorry, tbf, I should know better. I will now go read a Coast Guard manual as penance.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Once upon a time, maybe.

Not in 2012.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Taliban are our friends now. I just read last week that we are ready to start peace negations with them and release the Taliban members held in Gitmo.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

War sucks and has a bad effect on participants? Color me shocked. It has been observed for all of human history that "war crime" is the ultimate redundancy.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If we're not acting as if we're the good guys, what makes us the good guys?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

zag,

You're just being reactionary, the precise emotion that dragged America into a lot in the last 30 years.

Put it this way: Their superiors will be enraged beyond all belief.

Draft saved Draft deleted