1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Air passengers already hinting at litigation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

BS

By the time you get to work, it's much cooler.

And, if you are a dim prick drinking as you are driving, you whistle, Lauren Bacall style.

Litigious anyone-is-responsible-but-me babies.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

AQ-B -- you could be correct, I have no idea.

Without knowing all of the facts or the basis for any claims, I don't think that the concept of a lawsuit here is insane. The people certainly were damaged and perhaps the 5k payment didn't cover those damages.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So you are saying that McDonald's coffee should come with a warning that you not drink it until you arrive at work?

I got that right?

4. Simon --
    All this stuff, including the warnings that McDonalds got about the temperature of their coffee -- and previous people who'd been injured because of it -- and the woman's injuries, are in the record of the trial. We're not making this stuff up. She won on the merits.

5. Simon_Cowbell

No, you shouldn't be a moron and drink anything hot without tipping the lips first.

I mean, who the fuck does that?

6. Simon_Cowbell

All the pertinent facts are in the wiki listing.

The bottom line is that you are part of the problem if you are supporting THAT lawsuit.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that the plaintiffs' attorney will probably claim the pilot told the passengers to duck before the crash.

He should have said "goose."

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm praying that some day I get killed in an airliner crash.
    My wife and kids will be set - they'll get a much bigger payout than any insurance I have.
    :D

9. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Well, then that's a different thing, isn't it? But if that plane was well and truly brought down by a random flock of birds then I think the only entity these folks can sue is god. And the last case against him/she/it/them was thrown out of court.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

aw Simon, why no love for the foolish old woman who burned her crotch off? Seriously, would you wish that on your grandma even if she was stupid enough to put it there? Maybe the woman was in an old car that had no cup holders? Where's the love? I interject that a mistake shouldn't cost you your vagina.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

"There is no safety equipment you can install on a jet that will prevent birds from being sucked into the engine."

Why not? Couldn't they put a screen in front of the engine? I'm not an engineer....although I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Holiday Inn EXPRESS......just sayin'

Draft saved Draft deleted