1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Air passengers already hinting at litigation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jan 27, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2009-01-26-us-airways-river-crash_N.htm

Okay, bird sucked into engine ... not U.S. Air's fault. I actually am surprised PETA isn't screaming about jets being dangerous to the birds and that the entire commercial jet industry should be grounded.

And these passengers should be buying the pilot and crew beers for life.

If they lost more than $5,000 worth of valuables on the plane, U.S. Air appears ready to compensate them. But I'd hate to see a guy sue them for millions because he got a bloody nose. The controls in the hands of a lesser pilot would have resulted in 150 dead, not 150 miraculously saved.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know how they could win this case, especially since the airline did everything they could to prevent loss of life and injury. Especially by having a very qualified pilot in the air.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Geez. I'm surprised. Hope the geese have a good lawyer.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I heard a story the other day about one of the engines experiencing a "compressor stall" the other day. Wonder if they'll try to go after that.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Fuck these people. Fuck them with a rusty butcher knife.

Will our country EVER get its dignity back?

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

This bothers me. I think every time you get on a plane, it's a known risk that you might not survive. And I can't see that US Air is liable for the birds getting in the way.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's the American way...

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

sue Canada....they sent the geese down.

fuckin' idiots, they're lucky to be alive.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And every time I get in my car it's a known risk I might not survive.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My guess is that the people contemplating filing these lawsuits played soccer when they were children.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Open the garage door, hondo.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's at least the second time you've made this lame-ass joke. And it was just as idiotic the second time around.

Draft saved Draft deleted