1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 18, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Advanced Placement United States Revisionist History

Why this country sucks and we should all move to Finland or Canada

Written by, the people who teach your children and hate this country

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rockefeller was a nice guy who handed out dimes to people. Carnegie built a bunch of libraries. That flood in Pennsylvania? It was just a swimming pool that overflowed. Those people killed in Colorado? They never existed.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I took AP history when I was a sophomore. I don't remember much about it other than my teacher had a son who went on to play shortstop for the Angels. I didn't do well on the AP test, but overall I think I ended up getting a B+ in the class.
    One assignment was had was a book review. I reviewed Jack Kemp's book on trickle down economics. An American Renewal, I think it was called. I got an A on that paper.
    That's about all I remember. It was so long ago.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is not personal against you at all, but the idea that someone who "didn't do well on the AP test" got a B+ in the class is indicative of the grade inflation problem in our schools.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

No offense taken. I was an underachieving, easily distracted, inconsistent student.
    I ended up with a 630 verbal, 510 math on my SATs, B-minus overall. Did well in English and social studies, not so hot in math and science. In my senior year, for some reason, I did better in math and science.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This is a great idea.

We have an entire generation that refuses to accept what their kids do wrong, so why should people accept anything negative anywhere ever about the country or anything else?

JackReacher likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The Three-Fifths Compromise was really just the nation's first math curriculum.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

Chapter One: The Founding Fathers - America's first Chuck Norris.

9. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

It's a myth that current history books act like everything that has ever happened in this country were always the right things to do. Slavery, Vietnam, Women's right to vote, Civil Rights are all there...

10. BitterYoungMatador2

Chapter Two: The Revolutionary War with Britian - America's first ever HATERZZZZZ.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

Chapter Three: Manifest Destiny. Get 'R Done, AMIRITE?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. But everything to do with the Founding Fathers (I feel silly even typing that moniker) was always considered a sacred cow. Some are very protective of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted