1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U of Washington beat writer; The Everett Herald

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by hockeybeat, Mar 7, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

who left?

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hopefully you lack the sense of smell, otherwise you won't enjoy living in Everett.

4. Max Mercy

Max Mercy Member

What, from Boeing?

Is this a full traveling beat, considering it's only a 50K? Do they travel with the Seattle pro teams, too?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

You're right, I was thinking of Tacoma.

I never liked Everett, but then again I tried not to go north of Seattle whenever possible.

6. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Salary requirements? I'm not applying for this gig, but how would you go about addressing that?

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

FWIW, it's owned by WaPo. You could do far worse.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'd be curious if the Herald will move more into the Seattle area with the King County Urinal closing and the Seattle PI to follow suit this summer.
    Suburban papers will have to fill the void left by the PI closing, won't they?

9. Batman/Joker

Batman/Joker New Member

Yeah, does anyone out there know if they travel...at all? And what's up with the auto racing? UW and auto racing as the main focus — kind of odd. Stated pay issue is also weird. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ;)

10. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

Travel in football, no other college sports. Go to spring training with Mariners, travel with Seahawks.

11. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I'm not so sure the P-I is going to close anytime soon. Plus the Herald would be well served focusing on its core in Snohomish County, which is a major target of The Seattle Times. If they were to look elsewhere it would be the northern east side of Lake Washington (Kirkland, Woodinville, etc.)

The auto racing is likely to fill time in the spring and summer. The Evergreen Speedway is in Monroe. It's minor league racing (whatever is taking the place of the NASCAR Northwest Tour, NASCAR weekly series, etc.).

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Perhaps not, but my sources that work there said they were told to start looking for jobs this summer. I hope it never closes, but I doubt that will happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted