1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U. of Louisville football player shot, in stable condition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CollegeJournalist, Jul 5, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He hasn't really had all that much playing time.

And he's nowhere near the level Brohm was.

2. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Jeez, a shooting is ridiculous. We had a backup defensive back last year at my university get stabbed on a main road on campus. Nuts.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If the AD has his back, can't the current coach feasibly blame the attrition and deviant behavior on Petrino because the players were his signees?

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

No, but he has started a bowl game and played very well. And he played quite a bit when Brohm was hurt, which was plenty until last season. So, he won't be the problem for the Cards. The offense should be fine. The defense is going to suck blue whale, the world's largest mammal. Party on Krags!

Evidently, the return game is pretty shot! Get it?

5. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

Details came out yesterday. Apparently the Louisville player was leaving the club and was shot while walking down an alley.

Ridiculous what people will do.

6. KYSportsWriter

He and his fiancee were kicked out of the club because of the altercation that led to him getting shot.

At least that's what the CJ said.

7. Bob Slydell

When keeping it real goes wrong.

8. CollegeJournalist

I haven't read the C-J article, but I heard that the altercation was a result of Guy defending his girlfriend from the guy that eventually followed him from the bar.

9. KYSportsWriter

It was.

But he and his girlfriend -- and whomever else was with them -- was kicked out. Don't know about the other parties involved.

10. CollegeJournalist

In the end, it's just another reason I'm not big on Fourth Street when I'm in town. Fun, yes. But give me B'town Road when it comes to a good night out on the town.

I do love the way the city has at least tried to revamp downtown though.

11. KYSportsWriter

the only time i've been to fourth street there were about six fights at a bar and the cops were called three times. and the food at hard rock sucked.

12. Bob Slydell

That's what you get when you let the people from Okolona and Shively out of their respective holes :)

And CJ, I'll take Bardstown Road every time.

Draft saved Draft deleted