1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U of Kansas beat in Kansas City?

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by michael_badley, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Sam Mellinger was at the Mizzou-Nova game at MSG.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nathan Warters covers Virginia Tech for the Lynchburg Va. paper. I don't know why it says Wichita Eagle on there.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I would be impressed/shocked if the Star was at every KU and Mizzou road hoops game this year. Then again, it depends how many trips are made in non-conference play. Also, with content sharing these days, a lot of papers are traveling a lot less.

I'm pretty sure the Courier-Journal is at every UK and Louisville game no matter what. These days, that's pretty impressive, but I would think readers would demand it.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he picked up a bonus freelance assignment, which means Wichita/KC didn't travel with K-State that night.

Mizzou, I'd be pretty surprised if the Star skips any KU basketball games, at least next year.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Someone got to cover one heckuva game this afternoon.

6. mlavieri

mlavieri New Member

Yes. Last year Brady was in Vegas, Ann Arbor, NYC and Berkley along with all the conference games and NCAA tourney.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's great. Good to see there are a few papers that still do things the right way.

8. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

The Kansas City Star, Lawrence Journal-World and Topeka Capital-Journal cover Kansas and Kansas State at home and on the road every game.

Draft saved Draft deleted