1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U-20 World Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by verbalkint, Jul 11, 2007.

1. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

Just thought I'd offer my most recent blog post. I'm writing about the U-20 World Cup, in particular the African teams that made the round of 16.

http://mikemullensblog.blogspot.com/2007/07/notes-or-blinking-lights-in-heart-of.html

By the way, one of those teams -- Gambia -- lost today, but that does very little to hurt my point. Anyway, I wish this angle was taken more often on African sports stories. In a lot of cases, it's pretty impressive that you made it to the building.

I'll take any feedback here, or at verbal_kint_187@hotmail.com. And also I'd be interested in getting tipped to any other stories -- or books that run along these lines.

Thanks.

- Mike

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Hey man, I appreciate any soccer discussion, but there is an all-purpose soccer thread going now with plenty of U-20 talk.

4. But then who would be reading his blog?

5. verbalkint

verbalkint Member

I'm sorry guys. I have to claim ignorance here. I didn't see anything in the rules against this. Maybe there should be a seperate thread for it. Needless to say I won't do it again.

That being said, I thought this was exactly the place people would be interested.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm interested, but I am not as smart about soccer as the others so I may not offer any feedback. Generally, though, the soccer stuff stays in one thread because of the general hatred generated its way by most board members.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

verbal,

You should post this in the "writers' workshop" in the journalism board. It will be critiqued there.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

*Definitely* a newbie.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Oh, it'll get critiqued here. He just may never come back after the brutality is over.

10. And we wonder why we have so few lasting new members who aren't aliases ...

Draft saved Draft deleted