1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tyrann Mathieu or Manti Teo?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 26, 2013.

?

Who would you draft with both on the board?

1. Tyrann Mathieu

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Manti Teo

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Both bring off field problems. Who would you draft first?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Honey Badger.

The gay thing is gonna be a problem.

Not for me, but I've heard enough athlete's quotes from the locker rooms.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Draft first? Te'o and it's not close...

If you're going by value, with Te'o as a late first rounder or an early second rounder and the Honey Badger as a fourth or fifth rounder, I'd take the Honey Badger...

I'd be pissed if the Niners took Te'o in the first round, I'd be ecstatic if they drafted the Honey Badger in the fourth...

4. Mizzougrad96

Has it been written that Te'o is gay? It sure seems to be implied a lot though...

I've got news for people... There are a lot of gay players in the NFL and the bulk of the players know it and don't give a shit.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not even a contest. Teo is a legit second-round pick. Mathieu is a fourth to sixth round pick.

6. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Te'o couldn't hold Mathieu's jock. That is all.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Te'o will go in the 2nd.

Honey Badger won't.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess Mathieu could turn into a Devin Hester-level return man, but I seriously doubt it. And he doesn't have enough cornerback skill to be worth that kind of pick. Plus he's going to wash out of the league in two years anyway so it would be a wasted pick.

Te'o is going to be a somewhat typical Notre Dame player/Heisman candidate -- he will probably be an adequate two-down linebacker somewhere, but the hype about being a star in the making is going to hang on him for his whole career.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They were both similar college players - valuable for doing something, causing a lot of turnovers, that made them seem like better players than they actually are.

10. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, but even before the drug issues, the Honey Badger was never considered as a first or second-round pick... I could see a team taking a chance on him in the third, but I think he'll go in the fourth or maybe fifth...

He's a beast on special teams. I'm not going to compare him to Hester, who was a late second-round pick, but I think he will do well in the NFL.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Brent Musberger has a way of making players sound better than they are.

12. Mizzougrad96

It certainly seems like since Notre Dame signed the NBC deal, it's players have been more overrated than probably any school out there...

Draft saved Draft deleted