1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tyler (Texas) Morning Telegraph copy editor/page designer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by pressboxramblings07, May 6, 2008.

1. Re: Tyler (Texas) Morning Telegraph sportswriter/page designer

Chris Parry still there? Tell him to pm me.

2. Here is the official posting on Journalism Jobs. They changed it to copy editor and page designer.

There would likely be chances to cover some stuff ... you just have to ask. :)

Again, PM me if you have any questions.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't take it personal, pressbox, and I assume you didn't have a say in overall design ... and the Tyler paper does very good coverage ... but that paper is positively CRYING for a makeover. Looks like it came off the press in the early 1980s.

4. Death

Death Member

They should borrow that guy Longview has for a few days to make this happen if he's still over there. Randy something I think.

Tyler does not get the Death seal of approval for its overall look.

5. I pushed redesign for years. Never happened. I'll tell you flat out it's an ugly paper.

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

Randy Ferguson

7. txrangerman

txrangerman Member

Echo everything Press Box ramblings said. I'm a TMT refugee (1998-02) and, as I've learned from the s---hole I'm working in right now, the TMT isn't so bad. And Hicks is easily the best person you'll ever work for in this business. It's not even close.

I'm still somewhat in touch with the landscape there. PM me if you like. I would like Phil to happen upon a good replacement. Like I said, he's great people.

For that matter, so is Randy Ferguson. What that guy could do with the TMT if given carte blanche and a month. Two words — bodoni poster. That's the main headline font the TMT used FOREVER.

8. I was told a hire was made for this job.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

thanks for that timely and fact-filled update. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted