1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tyler Perry vs. Spike Lee-- IT'S ON!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I respect Perry as a businessman because he was the one taking the risk and he's reaping the benefits of his own success. That's almost unheard of in Hollywood.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it was "Columbus Day" and was Season 3 or 4 and was the worst episode in the history of that great show.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, but there was also the periodic bickering between Melfi and her ex-husband and son on the subject, which I think came into play earlier.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Classic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite endings for a Sopranos episode though, with Tony telling Silvio "Yeah, well take it up with Frankie Valle when yo talk to him," and the immediate cut to the Four Seasons song.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

On the other hand, who wouldn't pay to see Spike Lee's Big Fat Mama's Sunday Dinner?

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

word

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

So, Perry's defense is "A lot of black people watch my movies, so they are not racist"? Rock solid, Ty, rock solid.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Is Tyler Perry really comparing himself to Booker T. Washington, W.E.B. DuBois and Zora Neale Hurston??

Good lord.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sort of like Roseanne Barr comparing herself to Mother Teresa, Helen Keller and Golda Meir

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Tyler Perry's movies and TV shows all suck.

I like most of what Spike does. Inside Man, Malcolm X, 25th Hour, Do The Right Thing and When the Levees Broke are among my favorite films.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

The thing I don't like about Tyler Perry's stuff is the credit he gives to himself. Like, if he had a movie called "Stuff," the correct title according to him would be "Tyler Perry's Stuff." To me it's just the height of arrogance when a director or producer or whoever does that.

Draft saved Draft deleted