1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willlingham out at UW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Oct 27, 2008.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If you are going to leave USC, why go to a sorry program in the same conference where you have to compete against him?

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Reaction for what goes on at Notre Dame is far more prevalent than for what happens at UDub.
    Every major media member has a free pass to morph into being a Notre Dame expert whenever they want to.
    You see it year after year after year.

3. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

I can't see how Pinkel going to UW would make any sense. Really seems like a lateral move unless they throw a truckload of money at him, which I doubt UW is willing to do.

Mora would be interesting. Same deal with Peterson. I just can't see a guy like Pat Hill in Seattle. I don't get the lovefest with Kiffin.

How about Norm Chow?

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Other issue with Pat Hill: Hasn't done shit since almost beating USC.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Ty needs to head for the Ivy League.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't think you count mora out, quite yet.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Mora's got a contract with the Seahawks. No way he gets out of it now -- and that's assuming he even would want to.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It won't be Jim Mora Jr. - he's already lined up to take over the Seahawks next year. And if your Chris Petersen, do you really think you can do better than taking your team to a top 15 ranking every year when your coaching Washington?
    I'd love to see Washington take a run at Mike Leach. He's done great at Texas Tech, but really is he ever going to enter a season ranked higher than third in the Big 12 South? I'd love to see that offense in the Pac 10. And I'm pretty sure UW can do better than the $1.65 mil he's making in Lubbock.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

all i'm saying is i wouldn't be surprised.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Jim Mora has 1 winning season as a head coach. His first year. Falcons got worse after that.
    And Seattle's defense hasn't been great shakes this year. If I were the Seahawks, I'd blow the team up.
    I know he's a local guy, and if the Huskies want to go that way great. I think the Seahawks might be rethinking th $4 mil a year they signed Mora for anyway. I think the Huskies could do better. The program needs a lock. A proven and successful head coach. From the lists I've seen only Petersen, Leach and Pinkel qualify. Tedford's on "the list" but since the tree huggers came down I think he's locked in at Cal.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Don't be surprised if the name Derek Dooley pops up here.

He was on LSU's staff when UDub's AD worked there.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Holy Cats, the Tyees would shit themselves on their way to the grave (where most of them almost are, anyway) if Woodward/Emmert get their next coach from LaTech.

Draft saved Draft deleted