1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willlingham out at UW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

As a matter of fact, yes.

But our lot as fans of my college team is to dwell in the desolate land of constant suck for all eternity.

2. Washington, when he took it over, was about as rock bottom as it gets for a major college football program. He just wasn't the right guy to take over that kind of situation - he's so stoic and disciplined. I think you need a go-getter for a program like that.

The problem, of course, is when jobs open it's usually because things are down.

I'm betting he'd be a better NFL coach where he could just run the program instead of having to be the face and personality of it.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now THAT'S a spit take...

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd say Washington was in even worse shape after the last remnants of Neuheisals left. They had one year of turmoil under Neuheisal and about two years of uncertainty under Gilbertson. In 2005, Washington's recruiting class was ranked dead last in the Pac 10. Since then they've moved up to the 6th, 5th and 4th ranked classes. They should still be in the top 2 or 3 every year.

Kiffin reminds me a little too much like Neuheisel. I'd take Gary Patterson of TCU ove Kiffin.

5. I think they like Muschamp, the Texas D-coordinator.

Kiffin is going to end up at Syracuse.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I speak for Tomas when I say the following:

THANK GOD!!!

7. It will be really interesting to see the national media's reaction to this. A lot of really good writers and broadcasters really stuck their neck out for this guy a few years ago.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They're not tricks, Michael. They're illusions.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

See Rhoden, William

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

It will get very little coverage, because the national media doesn't know Seattle exists.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rhoden sticks his neck out for such distinguished gentlemen and ladies as Isiah Thomas, Herm Edwards, Michael Vick, Marion Jones and Stephon Marbury. Mr. Willingham needs Mr. Rhoden in his corner as much as Osama Bin Laden needs an invitation to George W. Bush's Bar Mitzvah

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

North Texas!

Draft saved Draft deleted