1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willlingham out at UW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Oct 27, 2008.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

For ND fans who went through all the "racist" stuff, I guess this is a little vindication.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I was just fixing to post this! But year, he's leaving at the end of the year. Maybe he'll get a win at the Crabapple Cup against Wazzou.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not really.

4. What's next for him? Would you want him coaching your team? There still seems to be some sentiment out there that he's a decent coach. He took Stanford to the Rose Bowl and got Notre Dame turned around in a hurry in the first year. What an inconsistent resume.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Why not? He got the additional year at UW that he allegedly was robbed of at ND, and he only led the team further downhill (Not just record-wise, but in terms of horrible recruiting).

I think it shows ND made the right decision and the race stuff was BS.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

At this point, there's gotta be a Sun Belt job somewhere with his name all over it.

7. Wasn't the biggest issue that Weis got a big extension in his first season when Willingham had done even more at that point in his tenusre and did not get one? I think that's a fair point. Maybe Weis just had a better agent, and obviously better NFL connections. So it wasn't black and white (no pun intended), but it didn't look good.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This has Jim Mora's fingerprints all over it. Wait till Bill Rhoden finds out.

I watched a bit of ND game. Wash did not seem to have one kid that would have started at ND let alone some of the upper echelon Big 10 schools.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll go this far. The Notre Dame team that Ty Willingham last coached would have beaten this year's Notre Dame team.
    I think he's a good coach, maybe wind up as a d-coordinator somewhere in college or the pros.
    Washington is a screwed up situation. He was hired after the fiasco with Neuheisel, and hired by an AD who was let go by a new school President. I don't know if things will get better under a new coach. I don't know if the job is seen as a good situation anymore.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The KC Chiefs will have an opening soon.

11. He's never been a coordinator.

12. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

"The University of Washington is a great gob," Kiffin told Schad. "And it's one I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in."

Draft saved Draft deleted