1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willingham tightens up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by big green wahoo, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Pretty hard to feel bad for most UW fans as it pertains to Neuheisel. The Kool-Aid line wasn't exactly short in those days despite his obvious distaste for NCAA rules and anything resembling discipline. There wasn't much complaining from the masses when Jerramy Stevens sat out a whole half (or was it a quarter?) against Michigan after his infamous run-in with the assisted-living facility. That was the one where he crashed his truck into the building and then used his textbooks for traction in a futile bid to get out of the mud.

The Willingham hire was, in my mind, the wrong move for the right reason. Guys who should be in the conversation for the job in December -- Gary Pinkel, Chris Peterson, Dan Hawkins.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no, maybe, no.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I don't see Gary Pinkel or Dan Hawkins going anywhere. Washington is no longer a step up for either.

And Chris Peterson, as usual, will be on a lot of lists.

4. Lester Bangs

Pinkel has been mentioned in this thing the last four times it's been open. I think he's had at least one too many dances with UW to really care anymore. Hawkins is just a total spit-ball on my part, but UW has everything over Colorado as far as facilities and support. Peterson is a damn interesting case and I am starting to think he's football's version of Mark Few, who you keep waiting to leave and it just never happens. Was stunned he didn't look more into UCLA last year and don't know why he'd be more into UW other than that Seattle seems a more "livable" spot than LA.

Again, I am just saying they'll be in the conversation. I'd say it's thin odds any of them are the guy. Emmert -- the dub's president -- is going to make this hire and he's going to make a splash.

Another thing ... somebody educate me on Mora. I thought he was locked down to be the Seahawks next guy. Not true?

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

What I meant to say is that there is not a whole lot of top level talent in Seattle to keep. There are some kids every year that seem to be good players but there are generally 3-4 really good players and about 20-25 who are in that range of marginal prospects.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The most surprising part of that whole story is that Jerramy Stevens possessed textbooks.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

He probably borrowed them

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It was cheaper and more convenient to use than guns.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Stevens might be the biggest douche bag in all of the NFL. He gets more chances than he deserves based on his talent.

10. Lester Bangs

He probably stole them from some poor shit in the dorms and was planning to sell them back to the bookstore.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you better not be talking shit on that man's fine wife who agreed with me. :D

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But she lost points for agreeing with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted