1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willingham tightens up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by big green wahoo, Aug 27, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yeah, I didn't get to see the game but my buddy said it was good for the first quarter. Damn, I was hoping the Dawgs might have something, well at least my alma mater is halfway to our quota of 2 wins, we beat Utah State.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Duck fans act like they invented football. Love Belloti, like the team, but the fans are the worst.
    I don't know who Washington picks next for the job with Mora Jr. already set for the Seahawks gig. Sarkisian? Chris Petersen?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, like being a duck fan is some gift to the world.

4. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Interesting logic. If Willingham gets hired after Holtz, gives you mediocrity for five years and then gets fired, and Davie follows Willingham and gets a shorter leash because he's following a mediocre stint instead of Holtz's successful stint, would everybody say Davie got screwed?

That being said, Willingham a better coach than Weis? Really? It's not even about Weis being good. That's to be determined. It's already been determined that Willingham ain't good.

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Nah, we own track. We just like to talk a lot of shit. ;D

I wouldn't count Mora out, even with his Seahawks' gig.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Shit, I don't think the next Huskies coach is going to make a difference. They look like they are a long ways from being a decent team.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

But ... but ... but .... Jake Locker!

8. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Some of those kids should/could be successful. The two true freshmen from Lakes (Kearse and Middleton) are great athletes/FB players, teach a couple other kids how to catch the ball and maybe bring in a few farm boys from the Tri-Cities to give Locker some protection and - with Ty out of the picture to not screw it up - they could at least be middle of the Pac-10.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Arkansas scoffs.

LSU, too.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Athletically Locker is a freak, his numbers are off the charts. I just wonder how good a football QB he is going to be. He actually reminds me of Stanback in the sense that both were amazing athletes and struggled some at QB. Oregon does have a very talented defense, but that can't account for Locker looking as bad as he did.

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Locker is tremendous, but there are two issues: (1) he is alone on that team and (2) his style of play is BEGGING for a season-ending injury every time he tucks. It has been a long, long time since UW has had the athletes to play the brand of power-and-speed ball being played regularly by SC and Oregon and the kind that has not been played at UW since the days of Don James. This team cannot compete.

Locker's pay-for-play future also is in baseball, so it will be interesting to see how he deals with that reality.

I have to wonder which UW team was being watched by those who expected a close game on Saturday night. The team was bad, bad, bad last year and I struggle to see why anybody expected them to be better this year. After Saturday I would not be at all surprised to see the Cougs and Dawgs playing for their only Pac-10 wins in late November. I am not sure which one is more horrible, but they clearly are the worst the conference has to offer.

12. Do they play Syracuse this year again?

If so, I would rather stab my eyes out than watch that atrocity.

Draft saved Draft deleted