1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willingham tightens up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by big green wahoo, Aug 27, 2008.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If you can't get along with Bob Condotta, you can't get along with anyone. Good guy.

Ty's mad at the Seattle Times for its series on the out-of-control program under Neuheisel, mad because his team still sucks after four years and the once-adoring fan base knows it, and mad just because he's an absolute control freak in a conference that, when it comes to public access at practice and in media availability, and in having open practices, is head-and-shoulders above any other BCS conference in the country.

A public university is different than a private school like Stanford or ND, Ty.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Notre Dame subjected Willingham to public ridicule and he handled it with nothing but class. I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Willingham got absolutely screwed at ND, and has shown subsequently he's a better college football coach than Weis.

That ain't saying much, though. Better start winning soon.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, that's true. But in Seattle he's acting like a first-class jerk.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Second the thought on Condotta.

6. He won with Bill Walsh's foundation, which was put together by Denny Green. Ty has not been able to do it on his own from scratch.

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

All this happens at a time when Washington maintains by far the most restrictive media-access policy for practice in the Pac-10 (finally, a conference title).

:) 8)

8. jackandcoke

jackandcoke Member

Third the comments on Condotta ... he's good guy and a damn good reporter. Same for Withers, who wrote the story.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Evidence?

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I went to Oregon in the era when OSU was a non-entity and UW was still pretty good, so I have no problem hating the Huskies.

I felt a lot better about this game before Costa's knee surgery but the Ducks should still be able to win this.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought if he tightened up anymore he'd implode.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I actually was talking to a friend about the UW-UO rivalry and he was saying that there was no way that rivalry was as big as UW-WSU, he is right, UW-UO is way bigger. I went to UW for a year and grew up a Huskies fan and I HATE the Ducks. UO fans hate the Dawgs and UW fans hate the Ducks.

Draft saved Draft deleted