1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willingham tightens up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by big green wahoo, Aug 27, 2008.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Oh god, even before today ... in no way, shape or form is Willingham > Weis. Ugh.

Not saying Weis is really awesome, either. Actually, I think both stink, but (Willingham > Weis) = Fail.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And again, I'm not saying Willingham is better than Weis. I think they both suck, and I'm quite happy when Washington and ND lose. Just sayin', ND is playing the dregs of the Pac-10 to get those wins... including Washington.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not saying you, but certainly some people are. Starman is quoted as such in the first quote box (granted, that was earlier in the season). Plenty of people, for various reasons, are cheering for him, but at this point he's better suited coaching a high school team.

4. RossLT

RossLT Guest

They both suck, Willingham just sucks longer

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

and harder?

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yes, Ducky, yes.

Oh Lord what have I done?

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Perhaps I've mentioned my wife is a UW grad. I grew up as a Penn State fan.

The Huskies fell behind about 17-0. I said to my wife, should I just flip between that and the World Series?

Yeah, she said, with no further comment.

I asked her who she wants to replace Ty, but she didn't really have an answer. So I'll have to help her think through it.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Isn't the general belief up there that Jim Mora Jr. is ready to step into the position when asked?

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Mora Jr has already been named the heir apparent for next season as the Seahawks coach.

10. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

OK, boys, start interviewing candidates!

Ty Willingham announced during his weekly press conference that he will step down at the end of the season.
    http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/uwsports/2008/10/27/willingham_is_out_at_end_of_season

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Step down? Like there was any doubt he was going to be fired.

Draft saved Draft deleted