1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Willingham tightens up

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by big green wahoo, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Willingham always has been a prick.

2. I've never understood why he's such a media darling. He has a reputation as one of the most difficult coaches around, access-wise, and seems to take pride in not giving writers anything to work with.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What he did at Stanford was impressive. That's a tough place to win.

But for the most part, he's been mediocre ever since.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who has ever called him a media darling?

5. Martyr, maybe?

Not saying the ND firing was totally justified. But some of the love was way, way over the top, his coaching ability vastly overstated.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

There's no way the Huskies win enough to save his job. I have looked at their schedule and just can't find six wins. I can get four or five, if they beat teams better than them. I just hope they beat BYU.

7. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

UW could go 11-1 for all I care, as long as the Huskies lose their first game of the season. :)

Of course, they won't. Unfortunately, I'm going to guess they'll barely squeak by enough for Ty to keep his job and to mess up the Seahawks' end of the deal. Because, really, Mora's already in town and once Ty's gone, UW shouldn't be calling anyone else.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'm the same way with BYU, they are the only school in the nation that I want to go 0-12 every year. Our SID at UNLV told me everyone in the MWC hates them.

You think the Huskies can beat the Ducks? I wouldn't bet on that.

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I grew up a Huskies fan before I became a Duck, so I can't hate them as much as some of my fellow Oregon folks...

And I really don't know what to expect from this game, thus why my normal UO-UW shit talking has not commenced this year (and won't until after the game if Oregon wins).

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Way to play it safe Ducky :) I grew up a Huskies fan and hope they can get back to the level they were once at. I honestly believe they have the QB to do it, Locker is a stud and is going to surprise a lot of people this season.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Four Letter and John Saunders

Draft saved Draft deleted