1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Pennington DUI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, May 7, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

How has she not been nailed...............for a DUI yet? She drinks EVERY NIGHT on that $40 a day show. I swear, some days she spends like $8 on food and $32 on booze.

I'd love to see the $40 a Day outtakes.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Who is Ty Pennington?

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Oh. After reading cranberry's post, I remember.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Forget the thread. I can't stop laughing at BYH's latest signature. Outstanding.

5. heh heh - well played

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

One of the other "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" personalities came to our town to speak at a Home & Garden show last year. I'm talking to the guy off to the side before his appearance (I was his "host" for the afternoon) and I ask about Ty.

He tells me Ty's appearance requirements include a 12-pack of some obscure foreign beer. And that the guy's personality is an act.

Explains a lot.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I bet he throws a better deep ball than his long-lost brother Chad.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Well. . .

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Just be glad you never had to watch Spencer...

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I bet he catches better, too.

11. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

This week we make our way to Long Island to give the Xtreme Home Makeover to a downtown guy who likes Italian restaurants, but ran into a house after a bottle of white, or was it red, perhaps rose` instead.

Ty: "This man has been through so much. He's produced 33 top 40 hits and God-bless him married a 20-something but unfortunately he has a problem that I relate to. But first, he's movin' out to spend a week at Disney World. Remember, it's still rock N roll to him and he'll never be a stranger."

12. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

If he was an athlete there would be indignation, calls for the league to stiffen penalties etc. He is a TV actor, so we all just chuckle and say he's a great guy because he said he was sorry. I'm no LeBatard, but sometimes athletes do get a raw deal, too much scrutiny and judgement from everyone. DWI is a serious offense, yet LaRussa got much harsher treatment than Pennington did from people here.

Draft saved Draft deleted