1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ty Pennington DUI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, May 7, 2007.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The relative light-heartedness on display in this thread, as compared to the seriousness in the Josh Hancock thread, is utterly hypocritical and disturbing... and that's only in reference to my own posts. Yes, it's a self-flame.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should see someone.

Pennington had a nice apology. Still waiting to hear Hancock's.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ah, that's right. I stand corrected. :)

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Leonard Little apologized, too (he heard he'd get a lighter sentence if he did so.) Btw, I like the little Irish dude on that Etreme Home Makeover show.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm willing to cut the guy a break. Damn me, but every once in a while I catch that show. And more than a few times, I've ended up crying. One in particular was a Marine in Columbus, Ohio, area. This was a guy a few years removed from the Corp, but clearly still loved it. They brought out a full color guard to welcome him to his new digs, and dude (big, burly guy) lost it. Me, too.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm sure Ty's agent suggested an apology.

What a jackass.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Stop that incessant hammering. My head is killin me.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

DUI -- Everybody's doin' it!

10. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I actually met him at a Detroit Tigers game years back. I don't know what that means, though.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The problem lies within the culture of home-improvement shows. The happy new homeowners always have beer in the kitchen. I think ABC and Walt Disney Co., in fact all networks and cable networks, should ban alcohol and develop comprehensive policy for all of its home-improvement programs with mandatory suspensions for anyone in the show who is caught drinking, on or off the set. They need a policy with some teeth in it. Next we should tackle cooking shows. Ever see how much cooking wine they use? Look out Rachael Ray, we're coming after you ...

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No more cosmos for you, cranberry.

Draft saved Draft deleted