1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Years On: Obamacare

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Zeke12, Mar 23, 2012.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was definitely nonsensical enough to be worthy of you.

2. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Keep it on the Jones thread, please.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Obamacare won't' change that.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ragu - you would pick shit off fly paper. You did not trust my summary and asked for report. I cited the article that provided the detail. A well written and well thought article by a New Yorker writer who also happens to be a surgeon and teaching professor at Harvard Medical School.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You are right.

Even though you quoted the whole exchange, I honestly didn't connect your linking to that article to the earlier the post. It wasn't entirely clear from what you wrote that that was your reason. I didn't make the connection. I apologize for that.

I thought you were posting that link to just keep the conversation going in another direction and I didn't reread that whole New Yorker article -- I was working at the time and posting quickly. So I just posted about what I remembered about that article, not realizing you were posting it as the place you got your studies about Medicare costs / quality of health care.

My memory of that article wasn't about studies cited in it. It was his prescription and the whole "general contractor" when you build a house model for managing health care -- which really was the purpose.

In any case, I apologize. I didn't connect the posts, even if I should have.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Interesting reading back through this thread. Kudos to Ragu.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Someone could try to re-litigate it via the tax route, but it'll be 2017 at the earliest before SCOTUS gets the case, even if it's fast-tracked. Roberts' opinion pretty much nips this in the bud anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted