1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two years for Plaxico

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If he pardons Burress then doesn't he have to pardon everybody else who's been sentenced on the same charge?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Depends on the intent of the others. Lots of factors.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x1073705343/Plaxico-sentenced-to-two-years

I bring this article to everyone's attention because of the picture -- Burress holding his child, something he won't get to do for two years (or less with good behavior).

Was carrying that gun worth it, Plaxico?

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

And just now, from a radio report of his sentencing:

Plaxico apologized to his family -- including his son, his pregnant wife/girlfriend, his mother AND ALSO to his UNBORN child!!!

Was THAT last one necessary? Seriously....???

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I don't have any problem apologizing to his unborn child.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah. What's the problem?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kids, the all-purpose photo op props.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, what a wonderful country we live in -- we lock up guys for carrying an item which is legal according to the constitution......but guys who kill people with their vehicles get 24 days.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

None of papers mention what prison he is going to. They must not want a circus when he shows up.

10. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

I'm sure that, being good reporters, the news of which prison he'll go to will leak out and reporters will show. I don't think that will stay secret long, do any of you think?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch ESPNews yesterday? I flipped it on and they had Teddy Atlas explaining what life was like at Riker's. It was hilarious on a Phil Hartman-at-Alcatraz kind of level.

[​IMG]

Atlas barely stopped short of saying Burress would have to shiv a bitch to get his inside props.

Draft saved Draft deleted